3 Things to Know About Importance of Development Programs for Employees
The most valuable resource of an organization is undoubtedly human capital, therefore business leaders must make the relevant investments to create opportunities that improve their work and personal development, and this will allow obtaining benefits for employees and for the organization.
For companies to be highly competitive they must take care to develop the skills of their employees, retaining them through motivation and constant learning. It is important to know the needs of your company, which department should start the development program because not all members of an organization need it or the company does not have the
resources to implement it.
Some companies often use employee retention strategies. It can include providing lunch at a low cost, providing the route service to facilitate the arrival at work, financial support for employees who study, go to gym, or take daycare for children so that they feel comfortable and engaged in the company. Landmark forum reviews is a good source for getting information on this. Many different organizations like Landmark forum have different development courses curated to help individuals bring about a positive change in the quality of their lives.
1. What are the programs of a work development plan?
- Internal training where employees can develop skills that generate a promotion or better performance in their position.
- A program that talks about the company, its mission, its vision, the objectives and goals to be achieved by involving the worker in these objectives.
- Development of performance evaluations where collaborators can identify their labor shortcomings and how they can improve them.
- A leadership development program where coordinators, managers or applicants for these positions can have the ability to lead and guide working groups successfully.
- Interviews at the time of departure of an employee, in order to identify the reason for his resignation. This will allow having knowledge of the factors that are generating the departure of the staff and thus solve such issues.
- Educational programs where employees can take courses that allow them to continue learning.
- System that allows having all the staff informed about the vacancies and requirements necessary to apply for a position.
- Work groups where employees can socialize and learn from other departments. copazo groups, group birthday celebration, first aid. This will improve relations between collaborators, allowing them to acquire skills and new knowledge.
2. Aspects to take into account when carrying out development programs for employees
- Time available to each employee.
- The cost of the program, courses, films, materials for training.
- Designate the person who will lead the project. Whether the person is going to be internal or hired exclusively to perform that function.
- Disseminate information about the program which is a fundamental step because the people who will use it are the workers. Therefore they should be aware of the new programs that the organization will offer.
3. The rewards
Now, the rewards can not only be limited to material or economic. There are also qualitative recognition, such as warm congratulations and so on. Likewise, they can be mixed, that is, when a qualitative recognition is accompanied by a prize. Considering the variables that one wishes to influence, the programs can be of different types.